Wellington Free Ambulance supports the people of Greater Wellington and Wairarapa with free emergency services. They are currently seeking Emergency Medical Call Takers (EMCT) to join their critical team providing lifesaving advice and assistance.
Becoming an EMCT means taking on a great responsibility – you won’t simply be taking calls, you’ll be offering support and talking to people in crisis situations every day. It’s an extremely rewarding and challenging role.
We are seeking applicants who have:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to remain calm and professional when under pressure
- Effective listening and communication skills
- The maturity to be able to handle callers who are emotionally distressed
- Proficient computer literacy
- No criminal convictions, previous or pending
- The ability to work a rostered and rotating shift cycle (12 hour days)
Previous call centre and/or customer service experience would be an advantage. It is also desirable that applicants have a first aid certificate.
If you are seeking a career in emergency call taking, we would love to hear from you. By joining Wellington Free Ambulance you’d be making a big difference for the people you help, and for your community. In return they provide comprehensive training and competitive pay.
If you want to be part of an organisation that values people, integrity and learning, please apply by attaching your covering letter and CV. For further information please contact Tracey on 04 901 6444.