Our client is a not for profit organisation whose work focuses on building stronger, healthier communities through a number of different initiatives. They are seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to join their Head Office Team in Lower Hutt. This is a diverse role that will see you working directly with the CEO to drive the organisation’s branding and engagement through social/digital media, and put in place strategy and policies around marketing and communications that will allow it to move towards its future goals.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working closely with the CEO to develop marketing strategies & policies
- Direction & mentorship of key regional staff around marketing activity
- Oversite of the website, intranet, social media and written communications
- Management of the design, content and production of organisational publications
- Providing guidance on public relations
- Fundraising and events development
This role is pivotal to the organisation, and as such we are seeking someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Prior experience in a sole-charge position
- Proven experience driving marketing strategy
- The ability to work autonomously and affect change
- An affinity with the not for profit sector
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
This opportunity is going to suit a community minded candidate, who is comfortable turning their hand to a variety of different tasks and being the ‘go-to’ person in regards to marketing and communications.
In return, this organisation offers a high-trust working model, where they are willing to offer flexibility with working hours, or the possibility of some remote working if required. The Head Office looks after the Wellington region, and also Palmerston North & Whanganui, so some day travel will be required.
Please note that due to the nature of the organisations work, you will need to be able to pass and maintain an acceptable Police Vetting check.