We have an exciting opportunity to work for a well-known and established not for profit organisation who are specialists in their field. They are seeking someone to provide expertise across Corporate Sponsorship initiatives.
This is a diverse role that will see you create awareness, engagement and generate funds for the organisation. You will have a proven skillset with the ability to identify prospects, acquire partnerships, develop long term successful relationships, and deliver on sponsorship strategy.
There are key aspects of the role that include the following:
- Identify new opportunities for sponsorship and initiate discussions
- Arrange regular face to face meetings – travel outside of Wellington will be required
- Acquire Partners/Sponsors that contribute to generating funds
- Nurture relationships with new, existing and potential Partners
- Manage enquiries and provide information to promote the programme
- Manage the partnering process including negotiation, contract development and delivery of the arrangement
- Attend steering group meetings and other events to raise profile
- Identify advertising and product opportunities for campaign initiatives
- Maintain the prospects databases and other databases as required
- Contribute to development of tools and resources
- Keep up to date with Corporate Sponsorship trends and methods
- Coordinate budgets and invoicing alongside your team
- Provide reporting on the success of the programme
- Collaborate with your team around marketing strategies, planning and delivery
- Assist in wider organisation needs and support colleagues with other initiatives
This role is pivotal to the organisation, and as such we are seeking someone who can tick the following boxes:
- Prior experience within sponsorship, sales or relationship management
- Be an excellent planner who is organised, results focused and can deliver on promises
- Positive relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrate professional and proficient written/verbal communication skills
- An understanding of marketing and how this contributes to business growth
- Show awareness to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and a commitment to Kaupapa Maori values
- Ability to travel outside of the Wellington region
- Full drivers licence
In return, you will join a small team who all hold valuable roles within the organisation. We need someone who is a positive team player, where you work collaboratively, contribute ideas and work with your team members to develop marketing activities and deliver on sponsorship agreements.
They are looking for someone who is genuinely interested in what they do and will invest for the long term. If you have the relevant skillset, drive and experience for this role don’t delay in sending your CV and cover letter.