$75,000 - $85,000 per annum
My client is a well-known and regarded manufacturing and distribution company, based in Seaview, Lower Hutt. They are experts in their field with sites in Auckland, Christchurch and Melbourne and they provide their products and services globally. They are seeking an experienced Distribution Manager to join their overall team of 45 staff.
This is a hands-on role which will require someone who is willing to be involved in all areas of the business and support your team in any tasks required. This role is working closely with the General Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Sales Manager and wider team to ensure a smooth running of the business. You will be responsible for managing six direct reports within the Distribution Warehouse and manage key internal and external relationships.
- Manage staff and oversight of the running of the Distribution Warehouse
- Build strong external and internal relationships (Freightline, Toll and Shipping Brokers etc)
- Coordinate and administer end to end distribution for the business
- Respond to urgent orders, requests and enquiries
- Manage any complaints
- Plan and implement health and safety improvements and inspect physical conditions of the Warehouse on a regular basis
- Manage vehicle fleets, forklifts and other machinery and equipment
- Review invoices, work orders and consumption reports
- Monitor inventory levels of products and material
- Oversee the annual stock take
- Provide hands on warehouse and distribution functions as required
To be successful in this role:
- Experience working in a similar role within Manufacturing and Distribution
- Proven Leadership skills
- Team player and hands on approach
- Ability to problem solve, use your initiative and come up with new ideas and ways of improving processes
- Willingness to take ownership of this role and lead by example
- Forklift licence preferable
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who would love to contribute their ideas and be involved in the growth and development of the business long term.
If you have experience working within manufacturing and distribution and keen to be part of a successful, fast growing and supportive team then we would love to hear from you today.