$80,000 - $90,000 + 3% KiwiSaver Employer Contribution
My client is a well-recognised not for profit organisation in New Zealand who believe in strong values with the goal to build a stronger, fairer, cleaner country for now and the future. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be part of a small but extremely valued team, where going to work each day is with great purpose.
This role will suit someone who not only connects with my clients’ values but is also looking for the opportunity to manage a small finance team of two employees. You may already have led a team, or you may be looking for the right organisation to give you the chance to step into such a role.
About the role:
- Provide leadership & guidance to an account’s administrator & assistant
- Oversee day-to-day financial systems and accounting practices
- Ensure that all financial reporting and records are maintained
- Preparing of annual budget and prepare tri-mester budget reviews
- Liaise with the organisation’s accountants, treasury, and board members
- Ensure that donations are recorded and accounted for
- Process fortnightly payroll of 13 staff & monthly payroll of 8 staff
- Connect with nine provincial branches & treasurers across the country
- Other adhoc projects as required
- Accountancy Degree or similar
- Proven experience within a financial management role ideally within the NFP space
- Experience across financial reporting with high levels of excel competence
- Exposure to Xero and iPayroll will be an advantage
- Understanding of basic HR requirements including employment contracts
- Experience working with Google Workspace is ideal but not essential
- Prior experience managing staff and volunteers
- Can-do attitude to assist in adhoc duties within this small team
- Proven commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
Please note: only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.