Our client has an exciting role as a Membership Manager charged with clarifying & defining the strategy of a highly skilled Membership Services team. Relevant leadership and strategic capability are critical. You will lead this team into a challenging time for their market sector.
To make a difference in this membership organisation, we are looking for an exceptional strategic professional who can lead while being hands on – perhaps a Product Manager on steroids! The role will be all encompassing and will require a skilled operator that can apply their skills and expertise to assist this organisation to reach their goals. The core focus will be to develop and own the membership strategy, as well as being ultimately responsible for member acquisition.
Your team of seven is made up of subject matter experts across NZ so there will be some travel involved and experience managing people remotely would be advantageous.
The industry sector will experience significant change going into the next 3-5 years due to climate change requirements and changing standards. We need someone that can manage BAU but also work strategically to help prepare the organisation and its members for the challenges facing their sector.
As well as leading this team, the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement sustainable, member services strategies and plans
- Overseeing and developing member products, services and benefits
- Membership acquisition and retention
- Develop key partnership and supplier relationships
- Ensuring industry leadership by; providing expert advice to members, advocacy, research, reporting and managing key sector relationships
- Ensuring membership compliance, brand protection and professional standards
- Stakeholder engagement.
Ideally, we would love someone from a similarly small to medium sized organisation or in particular with Membership or Not for Profit experience.
As well as the above, the role requires:
- A fresh, commercial and strategic perspective matched with an empathy for the values of a membership organisation
- Proven ability building a strategic plan that makes sense across different sectors and markets, inspires & engages staff, whilst adding value to members
- Proven success in bringing products and services to market that increase membership as well as add value to the membership proposition
- Ability to lead a team of highly experienced subject matter experts
- Ability to demonstrate comprehensive customer insight and apply this to strategic planning
- Comfort in challenging the status quo and a genuine curiosity to understand why things are done and how they can be done better
- Future proofing the membership of the organisation