About the employer:
My client is a well-respected government agency with a key focus on providing high quality food and primary products. They are located in modern offices and are a short walk from the train station.
About the role:
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this role is responsible for providing timely & accurate payroll advice to both internal employees & team managers. You will cover a wide range of duties and will work across a rotating basis which will ensure variety and encourage continuous development.
Key Duties will include:
- Provide timely and accurate payroll advice to managers and employees
- Maintain up-to-date people policies, practice and employment conditions
- Provide advice on NZ employment legislation
- Manage and resolve payroll queries
- Ensure all employee information & payroll transactions are processed
- Support the design, testing and implementation of changes to HR information and payroll system
- Continuously focus on business improvement, updating payroll processes and procedures
- Provide training to managers and employees in relation to payroll systems, processes and procedures