Tupu Tonu is an investment organisation whose purpose is to invest, manage and grow a range of commercial opportunities in one of the most beautiful parts of our country.
Due to internal movements this key position of Principal Advisor has become available. Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Policy you will be responsible for leading the development of advice on Māori – Crown relations issues as they relate to the organisation, as well as managing a range of relationships with key government agencies.
The preferred candidate will bring experience in a similar role and will be able to offer critical analysis across policy and operational matters. A naturally confident communicator you will be able manage all communications and PR issues and be confident in drafting a range of communications.
You will have a strong understanding of the application of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi/Te Tiriti o Waitangi into your daily mahi and how this relates to Māori -Crown Relations. Holding excellent writing skills, accountability and a passion for policy will be the foundation of your success in this role.
On a day-day basis you can expect to:
- Manage the delivery of government accountability documents and relationships with government agencies
- Advise the management team on key policy issues and changes
- Draft presentation, media releases and other communications material
- Support the delivery of the organisation engagement strategy
- Prepare and deliver on any official information requests, parliamentary questions, and ministerial correspondence
This role is Wellington based and does requires a reasonable level of travel within NZ. You should anticipate being away for 2-3 days per month where you will be developing relationships with Northland businesses and community.
In return for your skills and experience you can expect a flexible working atmosphere, a passionate team and an exciting and varied role.
Please note: only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.