Thorndon Location – December start
Work for an organisation campaigning for change
Pivotal role, working closely with Chief Executive
Our client is a Trust that looks at how wellbeing systems work to ensure the best outcomes for community mental health and other related services. Its members are based around the country and rely on our client to be the link between the policymakers and the members delivering the services.
This is a pivotal role that will see you working closely with the CEO, member groups, stakeholders, government agencies and more. This is more than a support or coordination role, you will have diverse responsibilities which will include; reporting against contract deliverables, engagement with key stakeholders, updating the website and social media channels and connecting people and interested parties. Working within a small hard working team, accountabilities will be varied and fluid to achieved required outcomes.
Due to upcoming parental leave this role has become available as a 12 month fixed term contract starting in early December allowing time for a handover.
Other day to day will tasks will include:
- Organisation of events such as meetings, hui’s and Zoom conferences
- Diary and travel management
- Supporting another staff member where needed
- Assisting with external requests for information
- Drafting correspondence
- Providing support for significant groups including the Board by preparing agendas, action point coordination and minute taking
We need strong relevant experience for this unique role. You will need to have the skills to manage the demands of supporting at CE level while also being able to deliver at a senior level. We are looking for the following:
- Experience supporting at senior/executive level
- Strong writing skills
- Strong technical skills using Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with BoardPro would be advantageous
- Able to confidently engage with people at all levels and have excellent relationship building skills
- The ability to be self-managing and juggle multiple pieces of work
- Experience in the NGO sector or mental health and addiction space would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person – you will be working for an organisation that really does make a difference in the life of New Zealanders. You will be given autonomy and trust to deliver work to a high level and contribute to change.